Do you offer consulting services or create info products?
Or do you want a new job but don’t have any digital marketing certifications?
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself…
Why would anyone to hire me or learn about marketing from me?
Some customers need to see more than results…
They want to see that you have a formal education/training in your area of expertise.
Being labeled as certified can help you get customers, sell products, and even get a new job.
Table Of Contents
What You Will Learn
So how do you get certified in marketing without spending four years in college or racking up a $50k in student loans?
You get certified by recognized entities in the marketing industry!
In this post, you will learn.
- What digital marketing certifications you can get online.
- How to pass the exam in one or two tries even if you are not an expert in the topic.
- Where to use your new digital marketing certification for optimal ROI.
Marketing Certification List
The following are the best marketing certification programs you can gain to boost your credibility and reputation.
#01 – DigitalMarketer Certifications
DigitalMarketer is one of the top companies for marketing certifications.
With a mission to double the size of 10,000 businesses and a focus on customer success, these products can help you run effective digital marketing campaigns that drive more traffic, sales, and profit for your company.
They help take the guesswork and secrets out of digital marketing to make rapid business growth available to everyone.
From content marketing and conversion rate optimization to their newest community management course, these trainings provide the best bang for your buck when it comes to learning how to promote your business.
Average Course Cost & Exam: $495 USD
#02 – AMA Certified Professional Marketer
The American Marketing Association offers a Certified Professional Marketer program. To be eligible to take this exam, you must have a bachelor’s degree and four years of professional marketing experience, or a master’s degree and two years of professional marketing experience.
Once you have applied for this program, you will have 90 days to study the materials and pass the exam. The costs for the certification are as follows.
AMA Member: $249 USD
Non AMA Member: $349 USD
Your certification lasts for three years, during which you must acquire 40 additional hours of continued education in online marketing from online coursework, instructor-led classes, conferences, seminars, and research.
#03 – Bing Ads Certification
Once you are certified, you will receive an official badge, placement in the Bing Ads Pro directory, and a certificate.
#04 – Content Marketing Institute Online Training and Certification
Content Marketing Institute offers online training and certification for content marketers. Anyone can join, study the training materials, and take the exam when it is most convenient.
The costs for certification are as follows.
Annual Subscription: $995 USD
Once you study the training materials and pass the exam, you will be certified. The certification never expires, and you do not need to maintain your subscription unless you want to continue learning.
#05 – Copyblogger Certified Content Marketer
The Copyblogger Certified Content Marketer program is a part of the Copyblogger Authority membership. To apply for the certification program, you must be an Authority member and pay for the certification training course.
The program is only offered a few times per year.
The costs for this certification are as follows.
Annual Authority Membership: $399 USD
Certification Program: $495 USD
Once you have completed the training course, you become certified by submitting samples of your content. These samples are reviewed by Copyblogger. If approved, you will receive your certification, which never expires as long as you maintain your Authority membership.
You also get the chance to be listed in the Certified Content Marketer directory on the Copyblogger website and become eligible for master-level training on an invitation only basis.
#06 – Google AdWords Certification
Google offers certification exams for individuals to become AdWords certified. To become Google AdWords certified, you must take the Google AdWords Fundamentals exam plus an additional exam on search, display, shopping, or video advertising.
While Google recommends that you have hands-on experience using Google AdWords, it is not required. You can review their study materials and take the exams for free. If you do not pass an exam, you can re-take it again in seven days.
#07 – Google Analytics Certification
Google offers certification exams for individuals to become Analytics certified. To become Google Analytics certified, you must take the Google Analytics exam.
While Google recommends that you have hands-on experience using Google Analytics, it is not required. You can review their study materials and take the exam for free. If you do not pass, you can re-take it again in seven days.
#08 – HootSuite Certification
HootSuite offers a certification program for their product for social media managers and strategists. Anyone can sign up for the HootSuite University, review the course materials, and take the exam.
The costs for the HootSuite marketing certifications are as follows.
HootSuite University Membership & Exam: $21 USD per month
Once you pass the exam, your certification never expires. You will receive a badge and a listing in the HootSuite Social Media Consultants directory.
#09 – HootSuite Advanced Social Media Strategy Certificate
In addition to their platform certification, HootSuite partners with Newhouse School at Syracuse University to offer an Advanced Social Media Strategy Certificate. Anyone is eligible to take the course and exam to receive this certification.
The costs for this certification are as follows.
Course Tuition: $999 USD
The course is comprised of fifteen lessons and assessments. The main difference between this and the HootSuite certification is advanced level of training and independence from the HootSuite platform.
#10 – HubSpot Certifications
HubSpot offers several certifications. Everyone is eligible to take the HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification course and exam for free. This program will help students demonstrate knowledge of inbound marketing practices, independent of their platform.
This certification is great for any online marketer as inbound marketing covers how to attract visitors, convert leads, close customers and delight customers into promoters.
#11 – Marketing Management Certificate
If you ever wanted to take classes from an Ivy League school, then this is your chance. Harvard offers a professional certificate in Marketing Management. To obtain this certificate, you must take four classes, all of which you can take online.
While you won’t be a Harvard alumni, you will have received a great certificate from a respected name in education.
The costs for this certification are as follows.
Four Courses Average Cost: $11,000 USD
You must complete the four courses for this certificate within three years. There are no admission requirements to get this certificate.
#12 – W3Schools Certifications
If you want to develop your skills in coding for the web, W3Schools offer several certifications that can help. These come in handy for marketers that offer website design, WordPress consultation, or similar information products or services.
The costs for these certifications are as follows.
Cost Per Language: $95 USD
You can register and study for as long as you like, then take the exam up to two times per language. You can take the exams alone or have a supervisor of your choosing proctor your exam.
Once you pass an exam, you will be W3Schools Certified in the language you chose as well as receive a badge and certificate.
#13 – MarketerSeal PBN
It would be remiss of me not to mention my own course which offers a Private Blog Network Special Certification.
Now enrolment is rarely open but if you do get lucky and take part in this course you will get access to:
- 10 modules
- 53 lessons
- 39 videos
- 6 printable cheat sheets
- 6 exams
But in the meantime you can check out these four free videos which will teach you to build high-quality backlinks using free tools.
These backlinks are the type that bring you to the top of the competition in your niche.
How to Pass Digital Marketing Certification Exams
Many of the above-mentioned programs and courses allow you to get your digital certification after studying their training and taking an online exam.
I have some tips on how to pass these exams.
Most online exams are timed, but no one is watching you and how you get your answers unless it is specified as a proctored exam.
While you can’t pass any online exam without some basic knowledge on the topic, you don’t have to be an expert either.
Here are the keys to passing most of the online exams in one or two tries tops.
- Review recommended training and educational content.
- If you can take the exam more than once without any consequences, consider the first run a practice run.
- Use ScreenFlow (or another screen recording program) to record your screen for later reference in case you don’t pass the first time. This is for your reference only – do not share it.
- If you are allowed to go back to previous answers, go through the exam and answer everything you know off the top of your head as quickly as possible and return to other questions.
- If there is no proctoring involved, keep text-based training materials (articles, slides, and transcripts) open in another browser or download and open on your computer. CTRL+F any questions you need clarification on using specific keywords.
- If you don’t pass the first time, go through your recording and find the correct answers, or study them.
- Once you feel confident, take the exam again.
How to Use Your Digital Marketing Certifications
Once you gain certified status, you will want to make sure everyone knows it. Here are some ways to mention and use your certifications to ensure you get recognition.
- Note if there are any restrictions on creating badges for your certifications. Google, for example, doesn’t give or allow you to create a Google Analytics Qualified Individual badge.
- Incorporate certifications on your about me page on your website.
- Display certifications on your information product or consulting services landing pages so people know they would be learning from or working with a certified individual.
- Place certifications in your website sidebar so people can find out you are certified from any page on your website.
- Include certifications in your author bios, forum profiles, and any other “about me” descriptions.
- Add certifications to the Certifications section on your LinkedIn profile. Also place them in your profile headline and summary.
- Put the most important certifications (the ones likely to land you customers or a job) to your Twitter bio.
- Include certifications in your resume if you are looking for a new job. Search for jobs that ask for people with your certification for best results.
- Use certifications to join social media groups and forums for certified professionals to grow your professional network.
People looking for someone to handle their inbound marketing will come to you over others without that certification.
Wrapping It Up
If you want to improve your skills, get listed with other qualified professionals in your industries, and get recognized as an expert, online certification and training programs from well-known sources are your best bet.
There are a range of digital marketing certifications to choose from and they really help you to stand out from the crowd.
Frequently Asked Questions
What certifications should I get for marketing?
- DigitalMarketer Certifications
- AMA Certified Professional Marketer
- Content Marketing Institute Online Training and Certification
- Copyblogger Certified Content Marketer
- Google AdWords Certification
- Google Analytics Certification
- HootSuite Certification
- HubSpot Certifications
- Marketing Management Certificate
- W3Schools Certifications
- MarketerSeal PBN
What is a marketing certificate?
A marketing certificate is an acknowledgment that the person receiving it has completed and passed the marketing course. It’s also a confirmation to others that they have the skills needed to understand and work in that specific area of marketing.
Are digital marketing certificates worth it?
When you decide to do a digital marketing course you must do your research before choosing. Not all courses will give you the knowledge and understanding that you need.