Let’s face it:
Running your business is stressful enough.
You have a never-ending list of tasks to take care of with barely enough time to get them done.
And, the thought of adding link building to that list can feel pretty overwhelming.
A successful link building strategy requires:
So how can you get all of the results of link building without investing the time and energy needed to get them?
In this article, I’m going to show you how to find reputable link building services and how to avoid the most common traps when buying links.
What Will I Learn?
What Is A Link Building Service?
A link building service is an SEO service executed by agencies or freelancers who are highly trained and skilled in the art of finding and building links to your site.
Link building activities include tactics such as manual outreach, broken link building, guest blogging etc…
Like how you would hire a mechanic to fix your car or a plumber to fix your sink…
A reputable service will build links to help you, safely, achieve your traffic goals.
But how do you go about finding a trustworthy link building agency or service?
A Warning About Link Building Services
I’m going to be straight with you.
The link building service industry is very shady to say the least. There are a lot of people peddling junk from penalised sites or oversold guest post farms.
Quite often people advertise genuine “outreach” links but what you are really buying is posts on their private blog networks.
It’s easy to get caught in the crossfire so below are my top tips to make sure you are getting what you pay for…
…or you can download my free link building checklist to make sure they are only building links that help you.
1. You Get What You Pay For
In the modern economy, links are a commodity with value just like bread and milk are and website owners know that.
Scoring a high-quality genuine outreach based link has a number of costs-
- Publishing Fee – site owners know the value of a link and often charge hefty publishing fees
- Writer – you need to pay a writer to create a 1,000 word article
- Outreach Admin – someone needs to contact the site, arrange the placement and make sure it meets specification
- Order Management – someone needs to manage your order and provide customer service
- Quality Control – granted not every provider has this, but it takes around 20 minutes to properly review the quality of each placement
Those are the numbers behind genuine link building services, so when you see someone offering “outreach based guest posts” for $50 each, what your actually buying is posts on their private blog network.
In fact, you might even have your link placed onto hacked sites like this BuzzFeed investigatory piece discovered.
That’s not to say that all of the expensive link building providers deliver quality service because they don’t.
But it’s important you understand the numbers to give you an indication of what to expect from a high-quality service.
Check out my SEO pricing blog post to get an idea of how much you’re supposed to pay for high-quality SEO services.
2. Avoid Services That Share Site Lists
There are a number of link building services that will allow you to see the list of sites they have available to buy links from before you buy.
You must avoid these at all costs.
I know being able to browse through a link building services inventory might seem like an attractive proposition, but it actually puts you in a position of risk.
Take a look at this video to learn precisely why:
As you can see:
It’s absolutely critical you avoid services that share their site lists.
3. Avoid Links From Sites With “Write For Us” Pages
What a lot of link building services do is-
- Scrape Googles search results for sites with “write for us” pages
- Send emails to those sites to place their content for a fee
It’s super easy to do and likely highly profitable because it requires absolutely zero care or attention to do.
The problem is sites with “Write for Us” pages are-
- Heavily farmed from other link building services
- Spammed to death with irrelevant content from dog training tutorials to the latest construction advice
- Usually link to questionable sites in questionable neighborhoods like adult, pharma and xxx
- These sites are often built with the sole purpose of selling links because they know that a “write for us” page with attract link sellers
- It’s likely Google automatically devalues links coming from these sites making them worthless
Pay close attention because this is the most common trick in the book!
A reputable service will blacklist all sites with “Write For Us” pages.
4. Avoid Links From Sites With Zero Search Traffic
As a general rule of thumb, if Google is sending organic search traffic to a site – you can assume that Google trusts it.
And if Google trusts it, you can also broadly assume that a link from that site is a good link to have.
Ideally, you want to see that sites have at least 500 organic visitors per month.
5. Pay Close Attention To Quality Control
I can’t stress enough how much attention needs to be paid to quality control by either you or your chosen link building service.
You should manually check-
- Does the placement page have a meta noindex or no follow tag?
- Is your link placed with a nofollow/sponsored/ugc tag?
- Is there any mention the placement page is a guest post or sponsored content?
- Is the content unique?
- Is there a “write for us” page?
These Are The Best Link Building Services
To help you to:
- Avoid a long search
- Ensure you only get high-quality links
It’s important to stress that none of these services are perfect and after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars I’m yet to find a “perfect” link building service.
But what is important is how the services conduct themselves when there is a problem and each of the services below has acted responsibly when they have needed to do so.
LinksThatRank provide the highest quality links from any link building service hands down.
If you want a completely hands-off link building service you can trust, they have the most in-depth and detailed quality control process out of every seller.
They have also simplified the buying process which makes link building services accessible to anyone regardless of technical knowledge.
Unlike other services they-
- Have a 23 point quality control checklist to make sure you get links that ranks
- Select target anchor text to make sure you don’t trigger an anchor text penalty
- Offer 1,000 words of content per placement by default
- Add internal and external links to placement pages to appear more natural
- Operate a strict blacklist of sites with “write for us” pages and known guest post farms and PBN networks
#2: Authority Builders
Authority Builders are one of the big players in the link building niche.
They cater to both website owners and SEO agencies who want help to build links.
Simply sign up for their service, then start building links by-
- Pick the websites you would like links from
- Send your URL and anchor text for your links
- They arrange the placement with each webmaster
- You then pay your invoice and wait for your links to be published
They even offer a 365-day money-back guarantee to ensure you get what you pay for.
#3: Get Me Links
You can opt for one of these packages-
- Guest Posting
- Niche Edits (backlinks placed in existing content)
- Tiered Links
- Link Packs (a mixture of different links)
- Local Link Packs
If your spend exceeds $1,500 the Get Me Links team offers further assistance with anchor text analysis and selection.
Another great service for link building is a company called Loganix.
Founded by Adam Steele, they’ve been featured in some of the world’s leading publications like Forbes, Mashable, and Backlinko.
Not a bad portfolio!
They offer a range of great link building services but you should pay attention to their guest posting services.
#5: No BS Marketplace
No BS Marketplace is a link building agency who offer a few different packages.
You aren’t limited to guest posting but able to build quality links through many methods.
You can also select the level of service such as-
- Self service
- Pre approved
- Account managed
- Fixed Pricing
The pricing works a little differently to the other companies. It’s split into 2 parts-
- The brokerage fee – this covers content writing with the chosen link and anchor text
- The publisher fee – this is the fee from the website for hosting the content
#6: Love To Link
Love To Link offers a high quality white hat guest posting SEO backlink service.
They use in house writers to build quality links that the search engines will love.
Every link published in new content is permanent and never marked as sponsored.
Meaning all content published looks like it has been written and published by the webmaster who recommends your content by linking to it.
You can select sites by-
- Metrics (DA, DR, TF, CF & RD)
- Organic Traffic
- Majority Traffic Country
And, if you’re not convinced by this list, I suggest you check out my post about white label link building services.
Wrapping It Up
Link building can be a long exhausting process, sometimes with very little return.
There are so many bad sellers out there that it’s easy to get stung if your not careful, but the advice I shared above will help you to avoid that.
You can always use this free link building checklist to make sure they are only building links that help you.
It’s always good policy to double-check the work of any link building service is doing and if you would rather do the hard work yourself, you can use any of these link building strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are link building services?
A reputable link building service will help you to build links from other people’s sites to yours. They take the hard work out of finding relevant placements, creating website content, and making sure your link gets placed the right way.
Does link building still work?
Yes! Link building is still the number one Google ranking factor and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. However, it’s important that you only build high-quality relevant links to your site.
How do I get more links to my website?
The easiest way to build links to your site is to use a reputable link building service like Authority Builders or LinksThatRank. Otherwise you can take advantage of any of these link building strategies to get more links to your website.
How much do links cost?
You can expect high quality, relevant link costs between $170-$300 depending on its overall strength and authority. You should be aware of cheaper links as these are usually resold guest post farms or PBN’s.
Where can I buy high-quality backlinks?
If you want to buy high quality backlinks I strongly recommend you look at Authority Builders and LinksThatRank who provide the highest quality link building service out of any provider at the moment.