Are you taking full advantage of expired domains at the moment?
Imagine being able to buy domain names that already has an awesome backlink profile and existing targeted traffic for the same price as a new domain.
You can use expired domain names to:
- Build out a new authority site to slingshot past the competition
- Build out a powerful network.
What Will I Learn?
What Can You Use Expired Domains For?
Although there are lots of things they can be used for, I personally use them in 3 different ways:
- Building authority sites
- Building a PBN
- 301 redirects
But before I do that, I want to make sure that you understand exactly what you can use these domains for in a bit more detail.
Method #1 – Building Authority Sites
When I build a new authority site or niche site, I never use brand new domain names.
The problem with new domains is that you have to invest in building up their authority from an SEO perspective which costs significant time & money to do.
Instead I prefer to register expired domain names that already has authority.
That gives me a huge head start and quite often building out a content rich site on a powerful expired domain is enough to crack the first page rankings without any work.
I recently bought a domain from Spamzilla and set the site up on July 2nd which won it’s first featured snippet on August 17th-
You just wouldn’t have that advantage with brand new domain names!
And the best bit?
Registering expiring domains costs exactly the same as registering a brand new domain.
Method #2 – Building A Private Blog Network
In essence you use the domains to build a fleet of high quality highly authoritative sites in a specific niche and then you use those sites to rank your site.
Look at how we used them to 14x search traffic for this site–
But all of that starts with finding expiring domains in your niche that have a clean link profile and spam free history which is easier said than done.
Method #3 – 301 Redirects
Simply take the expired domain you bought and 301 redirect it to your main site.
This will pass over a portion of the link juice and authority of the expired domain to your site immediately. Bonus points if that domain has existing traffic!
However this method comes with a warning, you can get away with doing 1 or 2 of these to your main site for a quick shortcut:
But I wouldn’t recommend it as a regular link building habit.
How To Find Powerful Expired Domains Easily
Now you know how to use them to your advantage, I am going to show you the easiest ways to find them.
Either of these tools can be used for finding powerful domains easily!
But I am going to show you how to do it with Domain Hunter Gatherer because that’s a little be trickier to use (Spamzilla is self explanatory)
There are a number of ways you can use it to find expired domnains.
- 5 Ways To Find Expired Domains:
- Hunt From Keywords: Enter some keywords from your niche and the software will find domains with links from webpages that are currently ranking for those keywords.
- Hunt From Websites: Crawl specific website(s) to find expired domain names that they link to. Eg you could find domains with links from Wikipedia/The New York Times etc.
- Reverse Hunt Domains: Enter a domain and the software will find all fo the backlinks to that domain and then scan them to find expired domains. Great for snapping up domains that also link to your competitors.
- Auction Hunter: Enter your keywords to search 8 expired domain marketplaces & look up important metrics.
- Web 2.0 Hunter: Find relevant expired web 2.0 domains from 20 different web 2.0 platforms.
- No 3rd Party Services Required: The software also fetches metrics from Majestic like trust flow & Moz at no additional cost which saves 100’s of dollars per month. It is an all in one solution.
- Filtering/Sorting: You can easily sort and filter by any metric like trust flow or domain authority including countries and languages. You can even filter to buy domains with traffic!
- Bonus Feature: You can rebuild entire websites in just 1 click, watch the video below to learn more.
Look at how easy it is to use in my video tutorial below.
I’ll also share a bonus tip that shows you how to register expired domains with traffic! Watch over my shoulder as a find an expired domain with over 11,000 visitors per month in the mental health niche.
Resources In The Video
Domain Hunter Gatherer – Easily the best tool on the market to find powerful domains quick & easily with no additional costs.
BuyProxies.org – My preferred proxy provider, you can use the much cheaper semi-dedicated ones.
Wrapping It Up
So there you have it, now you know not only how to use expired domains to your advantage but also the easiest way to find them.
Whether you want to buy expired domain with traffic or a huge SEO authority – you are armed with the knowledge you need to gain an unfair advantage.
Not only that, but you also know how to rebuild entire expired websites in 1 click which will save you a ton of money and time!
So I only have one question for you… How will you take advantage of expired domains in your business?