Every month I will publish a post like this one that shows you how this blog is progressing and everything I have done across the month to get it there.
These reports will help me track my own progress while teaching you what to do and more importantly what not to do.
What I Have Done In September
I took the last half of August and first half of September off to rejuvenate after a solid year of hustle!
Let’s see what that has done for the numbers though =\
After last month’s epic tutorial I throttled back and only published 6 posts this month.
I launched the Ultimate Demon competition with 3 lifetime licenses worth $1,191 up for grabs! Enter now if you haven’t already!
Dual Format Tutorial Conversion
In an effort to improve the site I have started to convert a couple of video tutorials into text/image based tutorials.
Not everyone likes watching videos (ironically, I am one of those people) and it’s difficult to flick back through if you need to check something.
So by offering tutorials in both image/text & video format solves that problem and makes them better for everyone!
Check them out and let me know what you think – if you want to do the same for your own videos then contact these guys.
It also means I can recycle the content easily into PDF’s to drive social shares and traffic from sites like SlideShare getting as much value out of them as possible ^^
Huge Upgrades Coming Soon!
On a similar line of thought I’ve also been planning a huge overhaul of the blog.
New Content Types
I’ve been looking at introducing some new types of content and now have a pretty good idea of what I could do.
Some you already know what 1 of them might be if you’ve been paying attention!
As a blog grows and you add/remove plugins, try new things and so on things start getting a bit messy.
So it’s time to clean house-
- Checking for broken links
- Upgrading plugins
- Cleaning up the database
- Onsite SEO analysis
- Offsite SEO analysis
- Improve internal linking
- Optimise images
- Reviewing affiliate links
Content also tends to take a bit of a hit over that time & there are always ways to squeeze more value out of what you already have.
- Update posts/pages where necessary
- Update the email engagement sequence
- Collect & add testimonials
- Dual formats for all tutorials
- Re-purpose content into multiple formats
- Improve content navigation/discovery
Social is only going to grow – so it’s time I grew with it and took advantage of more opportunities in this space!
- Create social media resource packs to promote each tutorial
- Integrate 2 new social networks
- Improve social media strategy
- Make the most of each network
- Focus on growing YouTube traffic
The site could also do with a bit of an upgrade here and there!
- Improve glossary / add tool tips
- Improve the sidebar
- Add optin to the homepage
- Improve site search
- Responsive theme
- Top secret features but the most important ^^
My Private SEO Tool
It’s taken a lot longer than planned but my private SEO tool is pretty much ready to be released to the public!
All that is left to do is put the actual site together. The software is done, all the resources I need are done, all the pieces of the puzzle are ready.
I’ve just got to put the puzzle together now & get some people on board to help me promote it!
The software will be 100% free for my readers and takes advantage of the only SEO tactic that has stood the test of time & algorithm updates.
It automates what used to be a very long & manual process for me in the press of a button!
Subscribe now to get my private SEO tool free of charge as soon as it is released!
Social Profile Brand Protection
Last month I registered 50 domains based around my name with various extensions via NameCheap (you get free whois privacy).
I have also extended this to social media profiles registering my name on as many as possible.
You could use KnowEm ($649 / 300 profiles) or ClaimBrand ($279 / 300 profiles) for that.
Or you could use the much much cheaper Social Foundations ($124 / 250 profiles) which is what I did.
New Social Profile Avatar
With all of the brand protection and social registration going on I updated my avatar!
I was still using my old one and had a better one that played off my new logo.
Check out the before / after-
Went To Nicaragua
I also had the chance to shoot over to Nicaragua at the start of September!
Crunching The Numbers
So let’s get our hands dirty and take a look at what my hard work has done for me this month.
Traffic was down slightly this month with a total of 24,778 (826/day) unique visitors down from last month’s 27,288 (880/day).
I haven’t really done any promotion work this month so that comes as no surprise!
Most Popular Content
Top Traffic Sources
Google Organic traffic reclaims it’s place at the top spot!
One thing I have done this month is kick off a new case study to improve YouTube traffic which is working nicely!
More on that another time though!
Still looking for help with sharing my how to build a top 100 blog tutorial – give me a shout if you want me to owe you a favour!
Search Engine Traffic
Search traffic grew again this month rising to 18,214 (607 per day) from 16,147 (521 per day).
I’m guessing the hummingbird update had a positive impact then! Although I did deploy a sneaky trick to try and boost search traffic on September 17th.
Last month traffic came from 1,592 different keywords whereas this month it only came from 870 keywords. I suspect that is to do with Google’s switch to 100% not provided searches.
I lost all of my historical YouTube views because of changes I made to the branding – so I keep track of them separately.
I had 18,899 views last month which has remained steady at 18,731.
Minutes watched also stayed roughly the same at 107,187 compared to last month’s 108,936.
That means people spent a total of 74.5 days watching my videos last month!
The blog has seen a total of 21,688 shares across Facebook, Twitter and Google+ this month compared to 19,139 last month.
- Google+ – 3,506 (2,822 last month)
- Twitter – 10,885 (9,664 last month)
- Facebook – 7,297 (6,653 last month)
My Forum Statistics
This month added 942 new users, 63 new topics and 186 replies. I’m suspecting there have been a bunch of spam sign ups though this month!
If you haven’t joined the forum yet, get involved!
I’ll personally answer any internet marketing questions you have!
- Users: 2,602 (1,660 last month)
- Topics: 727 (664 last month)
- Posts: 2,621 (2,435 last month)
The most important metric on the entire blog – earning a subscription from someone is the ultimate form of commitment and conversion.
Last month I managed to add a total of 1,711 new subscribers to the blog across the various channels.
This month that has grown nicely to 2,175 which is a huge increase to 72 per day!
There are now a total of 12,835 subscribers across all of the different channels.
- E-mail – 1,082 (800 last month) / Total: 5,913
- Twitter – 272 (236 last month) / Total: 1,815
- YouTube – 262 (250 last month) / Total: 1,908
- Facebook – 93 (107 last month) / Total: 794
- Google+ – 270 (265 last month) / Total: 1,691
- RSS – 196 (53 last month) / Total: 714
Forum Promotion Posts
I’ve taken most of this month off which means I’ve been a lazy little shit when it comes to posting on forums.
I did manage to scrape together 51 posts though!
- TrafficPlanet – 8 posts (355 visits)
- WarriorForum – 17 posts (569 visits)
- BlackHatWorld – 26 posts (1,377 visits)
Here are the numbers you really want to see-
- 48HoursLogo – $50.00 (case study)
- 99CentArticles – $55.13
- Ahrefs – $93.62 (my Ahrefs review)
- Aweber – $6.00 (tutorial)
- Blog Advertising – $1,232.00 (Advertise)
- BuyProxies – $78.50
- BuzzBundle – $398.00 (review)
- CaptchaSniper – $77.00
- GSA Captcha Breaker – $34.56 (review / discount coupon)
- GSA Search Engine Ranker – $149.09 (review / discount coupon)
- Inspyder Backlink Monitor – $251.80 (best backlink checker case study)
- JustHost – $120.00 (start a blog / discount coupon)
- Kontent Machine – $645.49 (review)
- LeadPlayer – $200.50
- Licorne AIO – $60.00 (my tutorial)
- LinkEmperor – $959.40 (review)
- OIOPublisher – $23.50 (case study / discount coupon)
- SENuke – $44.10 (tutorial)
- SEO Powersuite – $79.36 (see my SEO Powersuite review)
- SEO SpyGlass – $39.90 (best backlink checker case study)
- SESlingShot – $350.00 (review)
- StableHost – $25.00
- TheBestSpinner – $760.00 (The Best Spinner review / discount coupon)
- TweetAdder – $29.60
- Ultimate Demon – $854.73 (review / discount coupon)
- Website Auditor – $48.09
- Xrumer – $50.00
- WPEngine (hosting) – $48.95 (Case Study / WPX Hosting review)
- Video > Text/Image Tutorial Conversion – $80.00
- Social Foundations – $83.41
I separate out my SEO consultant earnings from the affiliate earnings. The blog drives affiliate sales directly and whilst it does generate SEO consultation leads these are separate projects in their own right.
Like last month I took a lot of time off and refused consultation work earning a grand total of $00.00 compared to last months $00.00!
- Affiliate Income – $6,715.37
- Consultation Income – $0.00
- Expenses – $212.36
Grand Total: $6,503.01 / £4,005.05 ($6,432.88 / £4,151.58 last month)
Nice to see affiliate income remain steady while I was relaxing!
After taking the most of the end of August off and the first 2 weeks in September I had a lot to catch up on.
It took about a week to reply to emails, blog comments, forum posts & social media channels so it was a slow start!
Now I have caught up on everything I’m pushing forward with getting my private SEO tool released and upgrading the site.
I’ll be publishing some awesome content as well of course ^^
I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for joining me on this journey.