Every month I will publish a post like this one that shows you how this blog is progressing and everything I have done across the month to get it there.
These reports will help me track my own progress while teaching you what to do and more importantly what not to do.
What I Have Done In November
November has been a challenging month to say the least!
After recovering from last months illness and lack of posts I really pushed forward with the blog this month.
I’ve also set the launch date for my free private SEO tool.
Last month I fell just $144.21 short of my elusive $10,000 target! Am I finally going to reach my goal this month?
Only one way to find out!
Last months I only managed 4 posts in total, but this month that has jumped to 9!
We started with an updated Kontent Machine tutorial!
There were also 2 awesome guest posts, with Lewis Ogden’s how to build an ecommerce website with wordpress tutorial.
I put 3 backlink checking services to the test in the best backlink checker showdown.
I also dug out all of the very best black friday & cyber monday internet marketing deals for you!
The blog has also had a few features throughout November. First of all I shared my advice on how to produce amazing content with ease.
Thanks to Aaron for the dedicated write up here!
Enhanced Email Engagement Sequence
The purpose of this was to breathe new life into old posts while keeping readers constantly engaged with the site on complete auto pilot!
This used to have a total of 20 emails, one sent per week. I re-wrote everything from the ground up in Aweber and there is now a total of 57 emails set up in the autoresponder.
Click the image above to see the full sequence!
My Private SEO Tool
Nearly a year after first mentioning it – my private SEO tool is finally ready to be released.
This will be 100% free for all of my readers to download and use!
I will have this in your hands on December 12th – so keep your eyes peeled!
Get My Free Private SEO Tool Before Anyone Else – Subscribe Now!
Inbound All Time #1
This eventually became the #1 story of all time on Inbound, until they deleted it :(
Although I only managed to grab a screenshot when it was sat at #3 all time =/
Thanks to Jacob King for submitting the story!
Affiliate Summit Award
They wanted to know which was the best affiliate marketing blog of 2013.
Well the results are in-
- 1st Place: MatthewWoodward.co.uk (38% votes)
- 2nd Place: ZacJohnson.com (18% votes)
- 3rd Place: Dekh.com/Blog (16% votes)
A huge thank you to all of my readers that voted for the blog – it really is appreciated and makes all the hard work worth it.
Thank you again guys – I couldn’t of done that without each and every one of you.
Lights, Camera, Action!
Earlier in the month Shawn Matthews got in touch and invited me to be part of their new documentary.
The documentary focuses on digital nomads and those that have broken free from the confines of traditional work.
We did the shoot at Google Campus in London last week which went smoothly!
I’ll release more details about this when I’m allowed to do so :)
Crunching The Numbers
So let’s get our hands dirty and take a look at what my hard work has done for me this month.
Unique visitors increased nicely last month to 27,468 (886/day) which has grown to 31,509 (1,050/day) this month.
That is a huge increase and finally breaking the 1,000 uniques per day barrier!
Most Popular Content
Top Traffic Sources
Google Organic traffic is by far the most popular traffic source and takes the top spot for the 3rd month in a row.
Great to see traffic from social channels and Inbound on the rise to add a bit of diversity in the traffic sources!
Search Engine Traffic
Last month search traffic was grew to 23,446 (756 per day) which has now jumped upto 26,874 (895 per day).
Google is certainly playing nicely with my SEO without link building experiment.
I lost all of my historical YouTube views because of changes I made to the branding – so I keep track of them separately.
Last month save 18,917 views which has increased to 20,015 this month!
The main YouTube metric I like to track though is minutes watched which increased to 107,060 from last months 104,632.
That still means people spent a total of 74.3 days watching my videos across the last 30 days! That’s at least 2 people watching every minute of every day!
The blog has seen a total of 26,847 shares across Facebook, Twitter and Google+ this month compared to 24,167 last month.
- Google+ – 5,178 (4,365 last month)
- Twitter – 12,875 (11,768 last month)
- Facebook – 8,794 (8,034 last month)
My Forum Statistics
There were 468 new users, 49 new topics and 234 new replies on the forum this month.
If you haven’t joined the forum yet, get involved!
I’ll personally answer any internet marketing questions you have!
- Users: 3,602 (3,134 last month)
- Topics: 841 (792 last month)
- Posts: 2,989 (2,755 last month)
The most important metric on the entire blog – earning a subscription from someone is the ultimate form of commitment and conversion.
This month brought 1,506 new subscribers across various channels which is up from last month’s 1,419.
There are now a total of 15,760 subscribers across all of the different channels.
- E-mail – 313 (767 last month) / Total: 6,993
- Twitter – 210 (192 last month) / Total: 2,217
- YouTube – 315 (309 last month) / Total: 2,532
- Facebook – 144 (126 last month) / Total: 1,064
- Google+ – 300 (250 last month) / Total: 2,241
- RSS – 224 (-225 last month) / Total: 713
Forum Promotion Posts
With everything going on this month I haven’t had much time to kick back on forums for some promotion work.
Hopefully I’ll pick up the slack in time for the next report though :)
- TrafficPlanet – 0 posts (230 visits)
- WarriorForum – -3 posts (248 visits)
- BlackHatWorld – 4 posts (1,006 visits)
Here are the numbers you really want to see-
- 48HoursLogo – $90.00 (case study)
- 99CentArticles – $26.56
- Ahrefs – $261.02 (my Ahrefs review)
- AuthorHreview – $119.27 (review)
- Aweber – $6.00 (tutorial)
- Blog Advertising – $390.00 (Advertise)
- BlueHost – $65.00 (discount coupon)
- BuyProxies – $97.00
- BuzzBundle – $1,440.80 (review)
- CodeCanyon – $38.70
- GSA Captcha Breaker – $58.28 (review / discount coupon)
- GSA Search Engine Ranker – $124.39 (review / discount coupon)
- Inspyder Backlink Monitor – $107.92 (best backlink checker case study)
- JustHost – $180.00 (start a blog / discount coupon)
- Kontent Machine – $4,596.09 (review)
- Licorne AIO – $290.00 (my tutorial)
- LinkEmperor – $445.20 (review)
- LongTailPro – $44.36 (my Long Tail Pro review / discount coupon)
- ManageWP – $10.00
- PowerupHosting – $24.00 (discount coupon)
- Rank Tracker – $49.90
- ScrapeBrokers – $37.45
- SENuke – $64.20 (tutorial)
- SEO Powersuite – $358.80 (see my SEO Powersuite review)
- SESlingShot – $300.00 (review)
- TheBestSpinner – $541.00 (The Best Spinner review / discount coupon)
- Thirsty Affiliates – $24.30 (discount coupon)
- TubeAssist – $2.50 (tutorial)
- Ultimate Demon – $619.09 (review / discount coupon)
- WordAI – $19.98
- WP-Answers – $32.70
- WP Email Capture – $11.32
- WP Engine – $699.00 (review)
I separate out my SEO consultant earnings from the affiliate earnings. The blog drives affiliate sales directly and whilst it does generate SEO consultation leads these are separate projects in their own right.
I only did a couple hours of consultation work this month which saw earnings drop from $964.20 to $331.53.
- Affiliate Income – $11,174.83
- Consultation Income – $331.53
- Expenses – $99.00
Grand Total: $11,407.36 / £6,960.37 ($9,855.79 / £6,177.63 last month)
Wooop! I finally managed to break the elusive $10,000 month target and by quite a way as well!
Now let’s see if I can drive a $15,000 month in December!
Well it has certainly been a roller coaster month – I’m absolutely exhausted but its totally worth it!
Not only did I finally break my $10,000 goal but I also secured the Affiliate Summit award.
I set the launch date for my private SEO tool and will be featured in an upcoming documentary.
December is looking just as busy but hopefully I can squeeze a quick break in at some point!
Onwards and upwards to the next goal, a $15,000 month!
I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for joining me on this journey.