Every month I will publish a post like this one that shows you how this blog is progressing and everything I have done across the month to get it there.
These reports will help me track my own progress while teaching you what to do and more importantly what not to do.
What I Have Done In May
May has been a very long and tiring month as Ironman training has stepped up significantly.
I’m spending around 70% of my day focused on training and nutrition which doesn’t leave time for much else.
But with that said, I also launched some amazing free SEO training videos this month that I have promoted hard and some amazing feedback so all is not lost!
This month I published 4 new posts, although 3 of them were to promote my new video training series.
We started out with this content optimization hack to double your search traffic.
Then I published 3 awesome SEO case studies along with some other promotional posts for my video series.
Crunching The Numbers
So let’s get our hands dirty and see how the blog has actually performed this month.
Last month traffic dropped to 56,603 (1,886/day) but this month that has increased to 71,364 (2,302/day).
That is largely down to my efforts promoting my new video series so it will be interesting to see what level it drops back to next month.
Most Popular Content
My seo case studies post is stealing the show this month by far.
As usual the how to make money on Fiverr guide holds its own in the top 10.
Top Traffic Sources
Not much has changed in traffic sources with a good mix of traffic coming from Google organic and social sources.
Search Engine Traffic
Last month search traffic dropped to 40,399 (1,346/day) which has made a small recovery this month to 43,981 (1,418/day)
I lost all of my historical YouTube views because of changes I made to the branding – so I keep track of them separately.
YouTube views decreased from 16,466 to 15,254 this month.
That also had an impact on total minutes watched which decrease from 79,899 to 70,821 respectively.
This month the total social shares across Facebook and Google+ increased from 78,229 to 79,991.
The most important metric on the entire blog – earning a subscription from someone is the ultimate form of commitment and conversion.
There are now a total of 126,368 subscribers across all of the various channels compared to last months 117,187!
- E-mail – 6,259 (517 last month) / Total: 51,847
- Twitter – 416 (195 last month) / Total: 16,097
- YouTube – 431 (221 last month) / Total: 14,494
- Facebook – 2,001 (230 last month) / Total: 25,403
- Google+ – -32 (-1 last month) / Total: 17,850
- RSS – 106 (133 last month) / Total: 677
Unable to post graphs at the moment – will update asap
Here are the numbers you really want to see-
- ActiveCampaign – $2.78
- Ahrefs – $568.70 (my Ahrefs review)
- Aweber – $109.50 (tutorial)
- Blog Advertising – $501.81 (Advertise)
- Blue Chip Backlinks – $100.00
- BrightSpark – $15.60
- BuyProxies – $25.00
- CashCrate – $14.55 (best survey sites)
- CheapWindowsVPS – $2.00
- CMS Commander – $9.60
- ConvertKit – $26.10
- Domain Hunter Gatherer – $487.63 (expired domains tutorial & Domain Hunter Gatherer review)
- Drip – $1.80
- Drip Revolution – $345.05 (discount coupon)
- FCS Networker – $194.15 (discount coupon)
- FreshDrop – $8.98
- GetResponse – $16.17 (review)
- GSA Captcha Breaker – $416.65 (review / discount coupon)
- GSA Search Engine Ranker – $415.69 (review / discount coupon)
- GSA SEO Indexer – $71.36
- IPVanish – $145.94
- Kontent Machine – $125.30 (review)
- LeadPages – $284.10
- LinkEmperor – $139.23
- LongTailPro – $1,195.16 (my Long Tail Pro review / discount coupon)
- MintVine – $10.41
- MTTB – $88.20
- MyThemeShop – $29.40
- OneHourIndexing – $296.89 (case study)
- PandaBot – $191.40 (case study)
- PowerupHosting – $26.24 (discount coupon)
- PrivateInternetAccess – $14.00
- PrizeRebel – $4.68 (best survey sites)
- Product Launch Formula – $798.80
- ProxyHub – $3.70 (discount coupon)
- Raven Tools – $49.94 (best backlink checker case study)
- SEMRush – $835.71 (my SEMRush review)
- SENuke – $44.10 (tutorial)
- SEO Clerks – $12.00
- SEO Content Machine – $64.88 (discount coupon)
- SEO eStore – $1.50
- SEO Powersuite – $834.58 (see my SEO Powersuite review)
- SEO Monitor – $124.82
- SERocket – $250.20 (tutorial / discount coupon)
- SERP Book – $7.01
- SERPed – $2,143.81 (review)
- Socisynd – $91.10
- SwagBucks – $5.58 (best survey sites)
- TheBestSpinner – $205.00 (The Best Spinner review / discount coupon)
- ThirstyAffiliates – $12.29 (discount coupon)
- Thrive Themes – $57.00
- TrafficPlanetHosting – $140.00
- TweetAttacksPro – $52.80 (discount coupon)
- Ultimate Demon – $175.89 (review / discount coupon)
- URLProfiler – $269.30 (discount coupon)
- VideoMakerFX – $60.50 (how to make money on Fiverr case study)
- WordAI – $39.96
- Kinsta Hosting – $100.00 (See my Kinsta review)
- Drip – $295.50
- Facebook Advertising – $419.25 (Case Study)
I separate out my SEO consultant earnings from the affiliate earnings. The blog drives affiliate sales directly and whilst it does generate SEO consultation leads these are separate projects in their own right.
This month I didn’t taken on any consultation work so made a grand total of nothing!
I’m working on another project right now that is part of the blog but not something I’m ready to talk about publicly yet or maybe ever.
I will declare the income here though as it wouldn’t be possible without the blog and ‘technically’ it is affiliate income.
Last month this was $19,135.45 which dropped heavily to $12,169.47 this month.
- Affiliate Income – $12,164.54
- Consultation Income – $00.00
- Other Income – $12,169.47
- Expenses – $814.75
Grand Total: $23,519.26 / £18,250.95 ($27,371.68 / £21,207.58 last month)
Unable to post graphs at the moment – will update asap
With less than 3 weeks to Ironman on the 18th of June, my time is at a premium! Training is going to get significantly harder before it gets easier.
As soon as it is over, I plan to take 2 weeks off work and exercise to regenerate before re-taking the reigns.
I’ll also be releasing the 3rd of my free SEO training video series tomorrow.
So with that said, it’s time to step away from the computer to go and train in 35 degree celsius heat in the direct sun.
Thank you to everyone that has helped me reach my goals – I couldn’t do it without you, the reader!