Every month I will publish a post like this one that shows you how this blog is progressing and everything I have done across the month to get it there.
These reports will help me track my own progress while teaching you what to do and more importantly what not to do.
What I Have Done In June
This month was officially my birthday month and I finally hit the big 30!
Unfortunately, old age is already taking its toll and I’m feeling a bit rough around the edges and dragging my feet today to write this report.
So let’s get down to business!
I published a total of 4 posts this month which is 1 less than last month.
We started the month with a tutorial that shows you how to get Twitter followers easily step by step.
Then you learned how to build an email list that will make you recurring revenue every month without fail.
Other than those we just had the regular income report roundup feature and I didn’t have time to write the very best of internet marketing post this month.
Crunching The Numbers
So let’s get our hands dirty and take a look at what my lack of attention to the blog has done to the important metrics.
Traffic dropped this month from 49,921 (1,610/day) to 45,440 (1,515/day) which is another big hit after last months drop.
This takes me even further away from my traffic goal and is something I need to pay close attention to this month to recover.
Most Popular Content
Yet again the most popular post on the blog is an old tutorial about how to make money on Fiverr.
Top Traffic Sources
Not much has changed in the top traffic sources this month which are still dominated by organic search and social.
Search Engine Traffic
Search engine traffic dropped from 38,355 (1,237/day) last month to 36,575 (1,219/day) this month-
I lost all of my historical YouTube views because of changes I made to the branding – so I keep track of them separately.
YouTube views showed a drop this month from 22,795 views to just 20,469 views this month.
However the total minutes watched took a huge drop from 100,353 to 83,915 this month which is the lowest it has been in a year!
This month the total social shares across Facebook and Google+ increased from 52,565 to 53,164.
The most important metric on the entire blog – earning a subscription from someone is the ultimate form of commitment and conversion.
This month brought 1,704 new subscribers which is slight decrease on last months 2,073 new subscribers.
There are now a total of 139,872 subscribers across all of the various channels!
- E-mail – 1,106 (1,204 last month) / Total: 76,898
- Twitter – 274 (340 last month) / Total: 12,527
- YouTube – 188 (275 last month) / Total: 11,433
- Facebook – 96 (236 last month) / Total: 20,623
- Google+ – 16 (4 last month) / Total: 17,873
- RSS – 24 (14 last month) / Total: 518
Unable to post graphs at the moment – will update asap
Here are the numbers you really want to see-
- 99CentArticles – $201.03
- ActiveCampaign – $1.80
- Ahrefs – $357.13 (my Ahrefs review)
- Aweber – $150.30 (my Aweber review)
- Blog Advertising – $995.47 (Advertise)
- Blue Chip Backlinks – $100.00
- BuyProxies – $53.40 (SEO proxies / residential proxies)
- CMS Commander – $4.80
- Drip Revolution – $165.31 (discount coupon)
- FCS Networker – $218.68
- FreshDrop – $27.33
- GetResponse – $4.40 (review)
- GSA Captcha Breaker – $378.55 (review / discount coupon)
- GSA Search Engine Ranker – $24.65 (review / discount coupon)
- HQ Biz In A Box – $13.80
- JustHost – $320.00 (start a blog)
- Kontent Machine – $532.50 (review)
- LeadPages – $106.80
- LinkEmperor – $181.15 (review)
- LongTailPro – $591.15 (my Long Tail Pro review / discount coupon)
- Magic Submitter – $1.79
- MyThemeShop – $165.90 (review)
- OIOPublisher – $23.50 (case study)
- OneHourIndexing – $474.86 (case study)
- PandaBot – $60.30 (case study)
- PowerupHosting – $97.00
- PrivateInternetAccess – $28.00
- ProxyHub – $3.90
- Raven Tools – $0.15 (best backlink checker case study)
- S2Member – $44.50 (my SEMRush review)
- SEMRush – $115.94
- SEO Content Machine – $81.76 (read my full SEO Content Machine review).
- SEO Dominators Club – $29.98
- SEO Powersuite – $566.33 (see my SEO Powersuite review)
- SERocket – $334.80 (tutorial)
- SERP Book – $18.72
- SERPed – $1,537.36 (review)
- Social SEO Booster – $267.72
- Spin Rewriter – $38.50
- TheBestSpinner – $178.00 (The Best Spinner review)
- ThirstyAffiliates – $73.78 (discount coupon)
- ThriveThemes – $147.00
- Traffic Planet Hosting (now called WPX Hosting) – $740.00 (Case Study / WPX Hosting review)
- Ultimate Demon – $121.96 (review / discount coupon)
- URLProfiler – $171.15 (my URL Profiler review)
- VideoMakerFX – $270.00 (how to make money on Fiverr case study)
- View2Be – $16.50
- WordAI – $117.35
- Traffic Planet Hosting (now called WPX Hosting) – $49.99 (Case Study / WPX Hosting review)
- Facebook Advertising – $53.32 (Case Study)
I separate out my SEO consultant earnings from the affiliate earnings. The blog drives affiliate sales directly and whilst it does generate SEO consultation leads these are separate projects in their own right.
I didn’t take on any consultation work this month which resulted in a juicy zero dollars!
I’m working on another project right now that is part of the blog but not something I’m ready to talk about publicly yet or maybe ever.
I will declare the income here though as it wouldn’t be possible without the blog and ‘technically’ it is affiliate income.
This month that income has shown a slight decrease from $10,737.82 last month to $9,305.69 this month which is mainly affected by the exchange rate for the British pound right now.
- Affiliate Income – $10,155.00
- Consultation Income – $00.00
- Other Income – $9,305.69
- Expenses – $103.31
Grand Total: $19,357.38 / £14,577.60 ($20,661.90 / £14,284.95 last month)
Unable to post graphs at the moment – will update asap
As I arrive into my dirty thirties it is evident that a number of the blogs key metrics are showing signs of decay.
At the moment it is nothing to be worried about, but it certainly needs my attention in some areas to ensure that trend doesn’t continue into the second half of the year.
That is going to start with a complete audit of the blog, from traffic sources through to content, email funnels and more!
All of that work is going to commence on the 14th of July, so expect lots of noise in next months income report!
Thank you to everyone that has helped me reach my goals – I couldn’t do it without you, the reader!