Every month I will publish a post like this one that shows you how this blog is progressing and everything I have done across the month to get it there.
These reports will help me track my own progress while teaching you what to do and more importantly what not to do.
What I Have Done In February
February has been all about fighting fires and… starting them.
Life is catching up with me in a lot of areas such as the car constantly breaking down (1989 Suzuki Sidekick with over 300,000 km) and it turns out if you don’t go to the dentist for 10 years you need 4 extractions, 3 root canals, 3 crowns and 16 fillings.
I also had family visiting for a week so tried to switch off as much as possible for 10 days.
But that didn’t stop me from nearly burning the house down after a gust of wind blew some trash I was burning into dry leaves resulting in 15 foot flames around the house.
Despite that I was lucky enough to be approached by a major book publisher to write a book for them, but the numbers don’t make sense at the moment so I’m taking some time to think about that before making a decision.
So all in all, things could have gone a lot better this month but equally it could have been much worse!
I published a total of 6 posts this month which is 2 more than last months 4.
We kicked the month off with an SEO ranking case study for unhealthy food (my favorite nom!).
Then we took at look at how to increase blog traffic with a very simple but effective strategy that costs nothing but your time to implement.
Taking that a step further we learned how to generate leads with social media quizzes.
You also learned how to use expired web 2 sites to increase your search engine rankings and traffic.
Crunching The Numbers
So let’s get our hands dirty and take a look at what my lack of attention to the blog has done to the important metrics.
Traffic increased from 49,696 (1,603/day) last month to 48,316 (1,666/day) this month which is a nice increase on last month even with the shorter month.
Most Popular Content
The How To Build Expired Web 2.0 Networks That Increase Rankings tutorail & case study stole the show this month.
That was closely followed by the Struggling Blogger’s Guide to Increase Blog Traffic.
We also saw the How To Start A Profitable Membership Site tutorial jump back into the top 10!
Top Traffic Sources
I have seen a few changes in traffic sources this month after getting a mention at NicheHacks and IMRecommend which sent a total of 958 extra vists respectively
Other than that not much else has changed with most traffic sources remaining steady in comparison to last month.
Search Engine Traffic
Google was kind enough to send me a little extra search traffic this month with a total of 37,193 (1,282/day) compared to 37,824 (1,220/day) in the previous month.
I lost all of my historical YouTube views because of changes I made to the branding – so I keep track of them separately.
YouTube views took a small hit this month dropping from 23,053 last month to 22,456 this month.
That also had a negative impact on the total minutes watched for the month dropping from 108,334 to 105,486!
This month the total social shares across Facebook and Google+ increased from 48,486 to 49,161.
The most important metric on the entire blog – earning a subscription from someone is the ultimate form of commitment and conversion.
This month brought 2,118 new subscribers which is pretty big jump on last months 1,421 new subscribers.
There are now a total of 131,419 subscribers across all of the various channels!
- E-mail – 1,257 (919 last month) / Total: 71,659
- Twitter – 286 (234 last month) / Total: 11,228
- YouTube – 242 (249 last month) / Total: 10,482
- Facebook – 167 (90 last month) / Total: 19,703
- Google+ – 11 (14 last month) / Total: 17,865
- RSS – 177 (-57 last month) / Total: 482
Unable to post graphs at the moment – will update asap
Here are the numbers you really want to see-
- 99CentArticles – $21.02
- Active Campaign – $1.80
- Ahrefs – $268.94 (my Ahrefs review)
- Aweber – $115.50 (tutorial)
- Blog Advertising – $613.59 (Advertise)
- BlueHost – $65.00 (discount coupon)
- BuyProxies – $52.00
- BuzzBundle – $89.55 (review)
- CheapWindowsVPS – $0.85 (discount coupon)
- CMS Commander – $9.62
- Drip Revolution – $111.10 (discount coupon)
- FCS Networker – $232.40 (discount coupon)
- FreshDrop – $62.09
- GSA Captcha Breaker – $359.75 (review / discount coupon)
- GSA Search Engine Ranker – $401.07 (review / discount coupon)
- HQ Biz In A Box – $13.50
- Juicy WSO Graphics – $27.34
- JustHost – $640.00 (start a blog / discount coupon)
- Kontent Machine – $411.25 (review)
- LeadPages – $66.00
- LinkEmperor – $317.98 (review)
- LongTailPro – $524.96 (my Long Tail Pro review / discount coupon)
- Magic Submitter – $30.34
- OneHourIndexing – $590.92 (case study)
- PandaBot – $129.00 (case study)
- PowerupHosting – $51.75 (discount coupon)
- PrettyLinkPro – $3.70 (discount coupon)
- PrivateInternetAccess – $36.00
- ProxyHub – $2.66 (discount coupon)
- PRPowerShot – $9.98
- Raven Tools – $0.12 (best backlink checker case study)
- S2Member – $37.83 (case study / discount coupon)
- SEMRush – $309.24 (my SEMRush review)
- SEO Content Machine – $31.13 (discount coupon)
- SEO Dominators Club – $127.44 (discount coupon)
- SEO Powersuite – $563.31 (see my SEO Powersuite review)
- SERocket – $305.40 (tutorial / discount coupon)
- SERP Book – $7.48
- SERPed – $2,069.55 (review)
- SE Slingshot – $100.00 (review)
- Social Locker Pro – $118.00
- SociSynd – $109.95
- SpinRewriter – $38.50
- SumoMe – $884.00 (case study)
- TheBestSpinner – $514.50 (The Best Spinner review / discount coupon)
- ThirstyAffiliates – $43.98 (discount coupon)
- Thrive – $138.50
- Traffic Planet Hosting – $790.00 (case study)
- Tweet Attacks Pro – $60.60 (discount coupon)
- Ultimate Demon – $466.29 (review / discount coupon)
- URLProfiler – $365.58 (discount coupon)
- VideoMakerFX – $112.40 (how to make money on Fiverr case study)
- WordAI – $127.63
I separate out the consultation earnings from the affiliate earnings. The blog drives affiliate sales directly and whilst it does generate consultation leads these are separate projects in their own right.
I didn’t take on any consultation work this month which resulted in a juicy zero dollars!
I’m working on another project right now that is part of the blog but not something I’m ready to talk about publicly yet or maybe ever.
I will declare the income here though as it wouldn’t be possible without the blog and ‘technically’ it is affiliate income.
This month that income has increased slightly from $10,534.96 last month to $11,286.49 this month.
- Affiliate Income – $12,479.75
- Consultation Income – $00.00
- Other Income – $11,286.49
- Expenses – $217.89
Grand Total: $23,548.35 / £16,876.30 ($24,298.27 / £16,919.03 last month)
Unable to post graphs at the moment – will update asap
As I’ve been distracted with a lot of things in my personal life this month, I really didn’t spend anyway near as much time on the blog as I should have done.
With that said, income took a relatively small hit with traffic showing a small increase.
I’m still not on top of all of my personal issues, especially with the car and dentist work but I am back in the driving seat this month as long as nothing else goes wrong!
So as I glance at my ever growing to do list and mountain of work to catch up on, I’m going to sign off this months income report and get myself a wiggle on!
Thank you to everyone that has helped me reach my goals – I couldn’t do it without you, the reader!