Every month I will publish a post like this one that shows you how this blog is progressing and everything I have done across the month to get it there.
These reports will help me track my own progress while teaching you what to do and more importantly what not to do.
What I Have Done In August
After 3 months without an internet connection at the house, at the start of the month they finally ran a line to the house and connected everything up.
Luckily I have been able to manage all of my businesses using an old Motorola G Android handset as a router and tanning through mobile data like there is no tomorrow.
So I spent most of this month catching up on those ‘non critical but still important’ tasks after spending a week in Miami with a client.
I have also been heavily invested working away on a project that has been in development for the past few months.
Here is a sneak peak at the backed Infusionsoft Campaign Builder sequence I’ve been working on the past couple of days-
There is still a lot of work to do but the finish line is in sight!
Last month the blog made more money that it has ever made before, so I’m expecting a sharp drop into reality this month as my time has been heavily invested elsewhere.
Last month I dialed down the posting schedule from 7-9 per month to around 4-5.
I’m still waiting to measure the impact of that change but after running the ship like that for a couple of months ago that data should start to seep through.
This month a total of 5 posts were published compared to last months 7. We started with the budget lead generation marketing strategies that any business can use.
Other than those we just had the regular income report roundup post but I chose not to publish the best of internet marketing again this month.
Crunching The Numbers
So let’s get our hands dirty and take a look at what my lack of attention to the blog has done to the important metrics.
With a drop in posts eventually came a drop in traffic from 61,943 (1,998/day) to 51,140 (1,649/day) which is a heavy drop.
My current goal is to build traffic to be stable at 60,000 per month or more.
I could increase my post rate again to recover that, but that’s boring – instead I’m going to invest heavily in Facebook ads this month to promote new content.
Most Popular Content
The 90 day blogging strategy stole the show this month!
Top Traffic Sources
Like last month the top 10 traffic sources haven’t changed that much at all.
Search Engine Traffic
Traffic from Google held relatively steady this month at 39,906 (1,287/day) compared with 41,226 (1,329/day) last month.
I lost all of my historical YouTube views because of changes I made to the branding – so I keep track of them separately.
I published a total of 7 vidoes last month and a dedicated keyword research playlist to increase viewership.
Last month views jumped to 28,976 but have dropped to 22,181 this month as I didn’t publish any new videos.
Total minutes watched also took a heavy drop from 157,555 to 111,497.
I have temporarily removed this section while I find a better solution to collect the data
The most important metric on the entire blog – earning a subscription from someone is the ultimate form of commitment and conversion.
This month brought 2,328 new subscribers which is roughly in line with last months 2,518.
There are now a total of 119,582 subscribers across all of the various channels!
- E-mail – 1,438 (1,611 last month) / Total: 64,838
- Twitter – 270 (285 last month) / Total: 9,648
- YouTube – 292 (358 last month) / Total: 8,850
- Facebook – 186 (266 last month) / Total: 17,939
- Google+ – 17 (21 last month) / Total: 17,839
- RSS – 125 (-23 last month) / Total: 468
Unable to post graphs at the moment – will update asap
Here are the numbers you really want to see-
- 48HoursLogo – $15.00 (case study)
- 99CentArticles – $38.41
- ActiveCampaign – $0.90
- Ahrefs – $523.54 (my Ahrefs review)
- Aweber – $100.80 (tutorial)
- Blog Advertising – $1,105.59 (Advertise)
- BuyProxies – $60.50
- BuzzBundle – $488.17 (review)
- BuzzStream – $6.70
- Cheap Windows VPS – $5.10 (discount coupon)
- Content Upgrades Pro – $54.47
- Drip Revolution – $84.09 (discount coupon)
- FCS Networker – $163.51 (discount coupon)
- GetResponse – $146.12 (review)
- GSA Captcha Breaker – $633.04 (review / discount coupon)
- GSA Search Engine Ranker – $329.49 (review / discount coupon)
- HQ Biz In A Box – $29.00
- JustHost – $80.00 (start a blog / discount coupon)
- Kontent Machine – $781.46 (review)
- LeadPages – $84.60
- Licorne AIO – $35.00 (my tutorial)
- LinkEmperor – $325.75 (review)
- LongTailPro – $722.08 (review / discount coupon)
- Marketing Inc – $273.50
- Market Samurai – $46.56 (tutorial)
- MTTB – $44.10
- OneHourIndexing – $377.32 (case study)
- OptinLinks – $43.57 (discount coupon)
- PandaBot – $135.00 (case study)
- PlugMatter – $28.50 (discount coupon)
- PowerupHosting – $8.10 (discount coupon)
- Private Internet Access – $16.00
- ProxyHub – $16.95 (discount coupon)
- RankTracker – $56.14
- Raven Tools – $49.73 (best backlink checker case study)
- SEMRush – $171.90 (my SEMRush review)
- SENuke – $44.10 (tutorial)
- SEO Content Machine – $38.63 (discount coupon)
- SEO Dominators Club – $172.41 (discount coupon)
- SEO Powersuite – $269.10 (see my SEO Powersuite review)
- SERP Book – $7.48
- SERPed – $3,490.67 (review)
- Simple Video Pro – $47.52 (case study)
- Social SEO Booster – $19.97
- Social Locker Pro – $54.96
- SociSynd – $153.92
- SpinRewriter – $15.17
- TheBestSpinner – $1060.50 (tutorial / discount coupon)
- ThriveLeads – $297.00
- Traffic Planet Hosting – $318.95 (case study)
- Tube Toolbox – $16.00 (tutorial)
- Tweet Attacks Pro – $56.64 (discount coupon)
- Ultimate Demon – $346.62 (review / discount coupon)
- URLProfiler – $128.37 (discount coupon)
- VideoMakerFX – $13.50 (case study)
- WordAI – $127.34
- WPProfitBuilder – $158.86
I separate out the consultation earnings from the affiliate earnings. The blog drives affiliate sales directly and whilst it does generate consultation leads these are separate projects in their own right.
I didn’t take on any consultation work this month which results in zero consultation earnings.
I’m working on another project right now that is part of the blog but not something I’m ready to talk about publicly yet or maybe ever.
I will declare the income here though as it wouldn’t be possible without the blog and ‘technically’ it is affiliate income.
Last month saw $10,759.96 and that saw a small drop to this month at $9,679.15 but no way near as big as previous drops.
- Affiliate Income – $13,918.40
- Consultation Income – $00.00
- Other Income – $9,679.15
- Expenses – $127.39
Grand Total: $23,470.16 / £15,328.95 ($35,209.35 / £22,538.32 last month)
Unable to post graphs at the moment – will update asap
Last month saw the biggest traffic and income month to date and with my time being spent elsewhere this month I expected to see a big drop.
Posting less means I need to invest more in promotion instead of relying on emails to you guys to announce new content.
So I’m going to fire up a range of Facebook campaigns to help with that promotion and bring traffic levels to a stable 60,000 per month.
That will also give me the time I need to put the finishing touches to a big project this month which should turn income inside out.
Here goes nothing…
Thank you to everyone that has helped me reach my goals – I couldn’t do it without you, the reader!