Every month I will publish a post like this one that shows you how this blog is progressing and everything I have done across the month to get it there.
These reports will help me track my own progress while teaching you what to do and more importantly what not to do.
What I Have Done In April
April was a bit of a hectic month for me as I’m working to a crazy travel schedule which has made getting online pretty difficult.
That does also mean that there isn’t really all that much to report as I have dropped into ‘maintainance mode’ just doing what needs to be done to keep things ticking over.
This month I published a total of 8 posts which which is the same amount as last month.
In the coming months I am going to reduece the posting frequency from 2 per week to 1 per week to see how that affects things.
I get the feeling many of you suffer from information overload with 2 per week so I’m going to start dialing that down in June.
We opened the month up with white hat guide to guest blogging.
Other than those posts we just had the regular income report roundup post but I was unable to post the best of internet marketing due to lack of internet connection.
All New Exclusive Internet Marketing Deals
The exclusive internet marketing deals section is now fully live!
All of these deals are 100% exclusive to my readers that I have personally negotiated with each and every featured product/service.
There are some huge savings to be had so be sure to check it out before you buy anything.
If you want a discount on something that isn’t listed here, let me know in the comments and I will see what I can do for you!
Private Blog Network Power
Last month I soft launched the new private blog network building service.
This is something I have been working on behind the scenes for the past 6 months with my managed clients and I am now happy to open the doors to everyone.
Take a look at some of the results the PBN’s we have built have delivered so far-
One client cleaned up their link profile and deployed a PBN which saw them gain over 4,000 1st page rankings in Google USA delivering over 500,000 visitors per month from Google alone.
All of that was achieved in the super competitive diet & weight loss niche.
Check out the private blog network building service page for more details.
We also have a fully managed SEO service if you need something more hands on.
Crunching The Numbers
So let’s get our hands dirty and take a look at what my hard work has done for me this month.
Last month traffic jumped to it’s highest levels yet at 65,019 (2,097/day) but unfortunately this has dropped off to 55,347 (1,844/day) this time around.
Most Popular Content
This month the how to get backlinks to your site tutorial was the most popular!
It’s great to see my favourite SEO strategy also creeping it’s way back into the top 10 again.
Top Traffic Sources
Although traffic took a hit this month, it seems like Facebook is really doing a lot of the heavy lifting behind Google.
This is largely down to a new social strategy I’m trying out but still tweaking – of course I will have a case study for you in the coming months once I have it fine tuned!
Search Engine Traffic
Organic traffic from Google last month sat at 42,607 (1,374/day) visits which has dropped slightly to 38,576 (1,285/day) this time around.
I suspect that is due to the change in theme last month that Google is catching up with.
I lost all of my historical YouTube views because of changes I made to the branding – so I keep track of them separately.
YouTube views have remained steady this month at 19,816 compared to last month 19,567 after steady declining the past few months.
Total minutes watched also remained steady at 98,069 compared to 99,157 last month.
I have temporarily removed this section while I find a better solution to collect the data
The most important metric on the entire blog – earning a subscription from someone is the ultimate form of commitment and conversion.
This month brought 2,281 new subscribers which is a big drop from last months 4,801.
I have had some problems with OptinMonster displaying on posts correctly and last month’s boost was due to the giveaway I ran.
Unfortunately as I’m working on the road at the moment I haven’t had the time to properly fix that yet but is a top priority this month.
There are now a total of 109,219 subscribers across all of the different channels!
- E-mail – 1,475 (2,891 last month) / Total: 58,070
- Twitter – 387 (787 last month) / Total: 8,438
- YouTube – 211 (253 last month) / Total: 7,707
- Facebook – 263 (761 last month) / Total: 16,906
- Google+ – 22 (109 last month) / Total: 17,743
- RSS – -77 (-47 last month) / Total: 355
Here are the numbers you really want to see-
- 48HoursLogo – $40.00 (case study)
- 99CentArticles – $44.25
- Ahrefs – $501.23 (my Ahrefs review / Ahrefs vs Semrush)
- Aweber – $85.80 (my Aweber review)
- Blog Advertising – $1,547.53 (Advertise)
- BlueHost – $65.00 (discount coupon / Siteground vs Bluehost)
- BuyProxies – $38.50 (SEO proxies / residential proxies)
- BuzzBundle – $1,432.73 (review)
- BuzzStream – $49.50
- Cheap Windows VPS – $15.90
- Cute Rank – $23.98
- Drip Revolution – $221.44 (discount coupon)
- FCS Networker – $19.80
- GSA Captcha Breaker – $478.56 (review / discount coupon)
- GSA Search Engine Ranker – $278.62 (review / discount coupon)
- Inspyder Backlink Monitor – $51.96
- JustHost – $80.00 (start a blog)
- Kontent Machine – $725.46 (review)
- LeadPages – $176.10
- LinkEmperor – $430.35 (review)
- List Builders Academy – $42.00 (case study)
- LongTailPro – $146.88 (my Long Tail Pro review / discount coupon)
- Magic Submitter – $7.06
- Market Samurai – $46.56 (tutorial)
- Max CDN – $27.00 (case study)
- MTTB – $49.50
- OIO Publisher – $13.50 (case study)
- OneHourIndexing – $274.81 (case study)
- OptinLinks – $12.93
- PowerupHosting – $63.00
- Private Internet Access – $8.00
- ProxyHub – $2.49
- Rank WYZ – $2.60
- Raven Tools – $0.20 (best backlink checker case study)
- SEMRush – $167.88 (my SEMRush review)
- SEO Dominators Club – $283.41
- SEO Powersuite – $1,985.52 (see my SEO Powersuite review)
- SERP Book – $7.48
- SESlingShot – $50.00 (review)
- Social Locker Pro – $42.00
- SociSynd – $31.36
- SpinRewriter – $34.43
- TheBestSpinner – $220.00 (The Best Spinner review)
- Traffic Planet Hosting (now called WPX Hosting) – $352.42 (Case Study / WPX Hosting review)
- Tweet Attacks Pro – $130.50 (discount coupon)
- Ultimate Demon – $98.46 (review / discount coupon)
- URLProfiler – $7.48 (my URL Profiler review)
- VideoMakerFX – $189.60 (how to make money on Fiverr case study)
- WordAI – $8.53
- WPRobot – $95.85 (discount coupon)
- Xrumer – $20.00
I separate out my SEO consultant earnings from the affiliate earnings. The blog drives affiliate sales directly and whilst it does generate SEO consultation leads these are separate projects in their own right.
I didn’t take on any consultation work this month which results in zero consultation earnings.
I’m working on another project right now that is part of the blog but not something I’m ready to talk about publicly yet or maybe ever.
I will declare the income here though as it wouldn’t be possible without the blog and ‘technically’ it is affiliate income.
This earned a total of $15,605.24 which is a huge step up from last month’s $4,784.50.
- Affiliate Income – $10,728.16
- Consultation Income – $00.00
- Other Income – $15,605.24
- Expenses – $49.99
Grand Total: $26,283.41 / £17,197.97 ($12,215.22 / £8,219.46 last month)
The past couple of months have seen income from the blog dropping steadily as time was invested elsewhere. As you can see – that time investment is starting to pay off.
Even though I have spent the entire month of April travelling through Costa Rica, Amsterdam, UK & Rhodes – that is the real beauty of the dot com lifestyle.
In 2 days I leave Rhodes for Lanzarote before shooting over to Bucharest to speak at the GPeC summit before returning to the UK just in time to speak at the UnGagged/BHW conference.
Whilst travelling I have been preparing some additional content to go with those 45 videos I mentioned last month which I’m keen to get finished to help break the $50,000 barrier.
But now it’s time to eat lunch and kiss good bye to this terrible 3 euro per hour dial up like internet I’ve been using to write this report while creating a range of new swear words at the same time.
Thank you to everyone that has helped me reach my goals – I couldn’t do it without you, the reader!