what's the best VPS for SEO sofwtares?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sparkseo 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

oloccina
    Participant

Hello,

I am quite sure Matt as already mentioned somewhere the VPS he’s using… but I can’t find that information right now.

So a few questions for the community ;-)
    what’s the best VPS for SEO softwares?
    I need to run UD ,  GSA and SCRAPEBOX
    and I’d like to run all three of them at the same time on many campaigns… so 1GB of RAM would be enough?

cheers,

Nic

oloccina
    Participant

Well…
    I just purchased one at host-stage.net, it’s extremely cheap, 12,95 $ /month for:

RAM 512 MB
    1 CPU 2,66 GHz
    25 GB hard drive

I will let you know how it goes…

cheers,

NIc

Hi,

Sorry about the delay I see you have it covered but I have always had a good experience with PowerUpHosting myself.

Looks like you got a good deal!

oloccina
    Participant

Well… until now the VPS at host-stage seems to run quite well.

It took them almost 48 hours to set it up, and after that they  had to correct some issues again… but they have been kind enouhg to offer me a little extra-discount.

I am just having some problems in running UD… :-(
    what I did was take all the UD files on my pc and transfer them on the VPS, but now when I try to start UD by clicking the “demon”  icon nothing happens… any idea why this could be happening?

GSA is running just well at the moment, with 50 threads and 10 semi-dedicated proxies.

cheers,

Nic

Hi,

You need to download the actual setup/installer file and install it on the VPS directly.

oloccina
    Participant

Edwin’s support says what I did was correct, I just may have to enble net framework on the VPS, I will try that…

by the way Matt, you really should think about installing a more powerfu forum platform… where you can keep track of your posts and everything, I’m quite sure this forum would skyrocket with a  more powerful platform… and yes, I know you have not yet found one that you like, but I can’t stop myself form suggesting this again, your site is awesome and it deserves a better forum!!! :-)

Hahaha yeah the forum is pretty basic – so your after a sort of control panel area where you can track your subscribed threads and the like?

It’s design & integration thats the problem with most platforms – I’ll do some further research :)

oloccina
    Participant

I noticed a couple of issues:

you have to click on your username to access your profile, this is not very usable, it will be better if there was a menu on the sidebar where you can find directly created/favorite topics

on my profile if I click on created/favorite topics I see nothing (I’m using firefox 17.0.1)
    the page becomes incredibly long but o content at all

infact the reason why I suggested you to improve the forum was I didn’t realize at all that there was the possibility to access created/favorite topics :-P

Ahahaha yes I will take a look at that. I’m actually improving various aspects of the site at the moment as and when I get the spare time to do so so you’ll notice a few new tweaks here and there.

I had a little play with another solution on my staging area at the weekend but its going to need to some more work to be what I want it to be.

seogeek
    Participant

Have you tried solidseovps.com ? they are really fast and offers very cheap prices, check there speedtest http://www.solidseovps.com/speedtest.jpg

Not used them personally

thedude
    Participant

Man, $13/month isn’t bad. I wonder how much electricity my laptop uses…
    Probably close to that much?
    I really want a VPS that includes all the software I want though.
    Those seem to be a bit more pricey, like $50/mo.

Man, $13/month isn’t bad. I wonder how much electricity my laptop uses…
    Probably close to that much?
    I really want a VPS that includes all the software I want though.
    Those seem to be a bit more pricey, like $50/mo.

You quite literally get what you pay for in this arena.

navneetm
    Participant

I found this good link to share to you on internet they offer 5 days free Trial as well as Windows VPS start as low as $11.95 per month too..

+ 30% discount on first month too :)

http://www.warriorforum.com/web-hosting-offers/822974-cheap-windows-vps-search-engine-optimization-softwares-warriors-start-low-approx-11-95-only.html

chrisj
    Participant

Matt what the performance / speed like with Powerup when you RDP ? Is that going from US to UK ? Did you make the video tutes with GSA running on Powerup ? If so looks pretty decent. My current VPS provider killed my account, no info given so can only assume its because I was running the various tools and they didnt like.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share On Google+ Now!

Share On Google+ Now!