Tracking Social Media Metrics

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ervine 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

nzbryant
    Participant

Hi Matt

A couple of qus please:
    1. How you count your new social shares each month; and
    2. How you measure page value (right hand column of your Analytics snapshot in the September earnings post).

Thanks

Matthew Woodward
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well the page value is just because I have setup custom event tracking. For example I track affiliate link clicks, email sign ups, resource downloads and have just applied a value to those but its actually meaningless for my purpose so I’ll remove it.

I used this as a base https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiynickQKBZldFVWMGNCdFVOd3djYmxzSG82dUhSbnc to track social shares

Hire Me - To Rank Your Site

rijoabm
    Participant

Using seoquake plugin to count the amount of likes, tweets, shares,+1s to your page or  site and add it to the above spreadsheet.

Opensiteexplorer has social metrics feature

Matthew Woodward
    Keymaster

The problem with the SEO Quake plugin is you have to do it one page at a time where as the way I do it for my reporting is in bulk ^^

I’m yet to find a better way to do it in bulk =/

Instacash
    Participant

Hey Matt,

Love the blog very inspiring.  Have you done any work with Instagram?  I use Instagram as the the main tool to drive traffic to my eCommerce Site piecesforpeace420.com.  I was wondering if there is any sort of tracking software/Data Base Software out there to identify my “Customers Leaders” that comment, like and participate in contests the most.

Thank You,

Will

Matthew Woodward
    Keymaster

Hi,

You could use Google Analytics to create events/goals for when people take those actions and then create a custom report like this-

http://i.imgur.com/hElAtGR.jpg

markwillson400
    Participant

rijoabm wrote:
    seoquake

I’m also using seoquake for tracking shares & likes of facebook, twitter & google + page…Best tool ever..

extremeluck
    Participant

Hi Matt,

Do you have a tutorial of how to use google analytics for social media in particulary for facebook. How can you set it so it reports the number of people clicking a particular link that you share on your facebook page and reaching your website.

Thanx!

Matthew Woodward
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m intending to create a dedicated analytics guide at some point.

But you can use custom reports/dashboards – I have a social media one for example.

ervine
    Participant

My Google Analytic seems useless since my Adsense been banned. No way to re-laim.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share On Google+ Now!