High Competitive Keyword Term Test….

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  akhwan abdullah 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Sheldon
    Participant

Hi,

I’m in a competitive niche that doesn’t allow PPC on Google.

One of the the keywrod terms I’ve been struggeling to get on the front page of G is highly competitive.

If I type in

allintitle:”My keyword”

G Sayst there is over 1,000,000 pages with that keyword in the title.

I’m currently ranking on Page 3 for that keyword term and can not budge.

This is with a new website by the way that was only registered 4 months ago.

I’ll mploy your link pyramid strategy into my arsenal and see if that results in any changes and report the results… ;)

Note: It’s actually a 6 month old domain…

Hi,

Well doing the allintitle check doesn’t really tell you anything at all.

What I would suggest you do is look at the strength of the top 10 perhaps using the SEO Competition module in Market Samurai and see what it takes to get on the front page.

You should also download all of the top 10′s backlinks and begin working through those so you have a similar link profile as those already on the front page!

Good luck!

Sheldon
    Participant

Thanks For replying

Yeh I’ve allready downloaded all of top 10 competitors link using seomoz. I used Keyword Blaze instead of Market Samurai. Keyword Blaze gets it’s data from SEOMoz and obviously Googles Keyword Tool…Keyword Blaze is much better IMO…

I usually also do a 24hrs adwords test to get a more accurate picture of the Traffic for that particular keyword(s). However for this niche no adwords are allowed…

It’s actually a pretty ambitious tasks… On second thought who cares where I rank on Google… There are plenty of other traffic sources… So I’ll probably get better results if I focus my energy on engaging my target audience aswell as building links where they hang out…

Hi,

I’ve never seen/used keyword blaze but as long as the equivelant SEO competition module provides similar metrics to that of Market Samurai then your good to go from a competitive research stand point.

What ever you do don’t just throw up the site with a few articles and start building links, take time to mature the site and build it out before attacking it with SEO.

Sheldon
    Participant

Well I’m number 13 now in G in last few days for two of  my main Keywords

Before starting was number 39 …

“What ever you do don’t just throw up the site with a few articles and start building links, take time to mature the site and build it out before attacking it with SEO.”

I already spent 24/7 like an animal building out the site months ago… Still lots of work and reviews to do,  they never end..

instead of dropshipping next year I’m moving towards stocking my own products…

Hi Sheldon,

Sounds like your seeing some good success already then and haven’t skipped over the most important step of actually creating a useful site =D

Funny you should mention dropshipping etc I was thinking the other day of setting a live blog challenge of building an e-commerce store from scratch with a $100 start up budget.

Sheldon
    Participant

Yeh It’s full time though not just seo but also trying my best to engage the audience… Will be moving more of my attention over to forums, utelizing  good reviews of products via youtube, social networking etc…

I really like what your doing here Matt.  when I have the time I am inspired to focus starting up my own personal blog sharing my own personal experiences online to share and track personal progress to help empower others…

Sheldon
    Participant

“Funny you should mention dropshipping etc I was thinking the other day of setting a live blog challenge of building an e-commerce store from scratch with a $100 start up budget.”

That is pretty ambitious task… It Definitely can be done if you have enough time to invest… I spent more in than $100 in startup fees… So I would definitely like to see you accomplish that feat…

“Funny you should mention dropshipping etc I was thinking the other day of setting a live blog challenge of building an e-commerce store from scratch with a $100 start up budget.”

That is pretty ambitious task… It Definitely can be done if you have enough time to invest… I spent more in than $100 in startup fees… So I would definitely like to see you accomplish that feat…

Looking forward to your personal blog! Let me know when you have it together :)

What were your start up costs?

All I would need is hosting, ssl & magento to get started and I’m ultra resourceful for anything else

Sheldon
    Participant

I use opencart it’s an open source shopping cart… Well a highly customized/modified version of opencart…Including all necessary modules needed to successfully run e-commerce store…

Well start up costs now are under $100… But if I take into consieration the Training/tools/support/software  when I first started then startup expenses where over 1k…

that’s with zero… Zilche e-commerce experience…

I use opencart it’s an open source shopping cart… Well a highly customized/modified version of opencart…Including all necessary modules needed to successfully run e-commerce store…

Well start up costs now are under $100… But if I take into consieration the Training/tools/support/software when I first started then startup expenses where over 1k…

that’s with zero… Zilche e-commerce experience…

• This reply was modified 2 hours, 35 minutes ago by Sheldon.
    • This reply was modified 2 hours, 31 minutes ago by Sheldon.

Are those modifications you have made yourself or has someone branched the source to make there own version that gets released?

I’m still thinking of a niche to attack for this – might jump into phone/tablet accessories/covers which is a niche I have had supreme success in previously.

Easy to drop ship and I’ll be able to command higher profit margins than the competition with the sales funnels I design.

Sheldon
    Participant

“Are those modifications you have made yourself or has someone branched the source to make there own version that gets released?”
    Yes and yes! Some my own personalizations and the source has been branched / supported and updated by blueprint team with their high ticket info product called eformula. With enough knowledge a cheaper and just as good setup could be achieved with WordPress
    Phone/tabet accessories etc not in that niche but  someone will be making a mint off that niche this chrissy. :)

akhwan abdullah
    Participant

Dear Matt,

how are you doing?..i am sure that everything is going great for you.. :)

i come across your blog from my friend’s recommendation. He posted in his FB that he wanted to start a blog just like Matthew Woodward’s. i asked him who is this Matthew Woodward and he simply give the link to your blog and here i am.. :) i can’t thank my friend enough for recommending me to your blog as you got a very good one going on here..congrats!!..

anyway, i am into e-commerce (just started with zero experience) and i wanted to set up a simple sales page with only 1 product as a beginning..i’m thinking of to concentrate to sell the power bank @ mobile charger for smartphone/tablet/laptop..

“I’m still thinking of a niche to attack for this – might jump into phone/tablet accessories/covers which is a niche I have had supreme success in previously.
    Easy to drop ship and I’ll be able to command higher profit margins than the competition with the sales funnels I design.”

i read from your post above that u r into e-commerce too last time..maybe if it is ok, you can direct me to your e-commerce website so that i can learn from it.. i just wanted to learn from the best! :)

hope to hear from you soon Matt..

regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share On Google+ Now!