Article Spinning

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Dwight 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

lwilliams777
    Participant

I understand that article spinning is important for uniqueness of the content.  But I’ve also heard that submitting articles to directories is an advantage.  If submitting to article directories is an advantage then the articles and content get duplicated all over the net but it doesn’t seem to penalize the linked site, or does it?

Hi,

This is what is known as ‘syndication’ and is perfectly acceptable. Think about when a company publishes a press release such as a new iPhone, this gets circulated on thousands of sites as they report on it.

I used to rank sites with nothing but syndicated content ;)

lwilliams777
    Participant

That begs a few questions then about spun articles.  Why don’t syndicated articles or press releases get penalized by the uniqueness requirements of Google?  And how does the algorithm make the distinction?  I guess I’m wondering about the necessity of spinning.

SGabriel
    Participant

It is ok, if i post spinned article on my site?

pix113
    Participant

There are several rules on syndicating your own content which is best to follow:-

1) Wait for your article to be indexed by Google before syndicating your content.

2)change up the titles, use a spinning tool to make loads of titles only.

3)Place a link back to the original article on your money site with an attribution like original article found on this site etc(link)

syndicate to only a few high pr or low Alexa sites 10-20 max per article(Do not Spam).

Press Releases are good for giving your sites an initial bump in the search engines esp for relatively new sites, the issue with pr’s are that they are not good for the long term, as they get archived like bookmarks and your links will eventually end up buried somewhere they loose power, thats why link diversity from different platforms is key to getting good rankings today.

That begs a few questions then about spun articles. Why don’t syndicated articles or press releases get penalized by the uniqueness requirements of Google? And how does the algorithm make the distinction? I guess I’m wondering about the necessity of spinning.

Syndication doesn’t get punished – it is a natural part of the web and before the web it was a natural part of media/press/newspapers etc

If your wondering about the necessity of spinning why not put that to the test :)

I just used to get 25x 500 word articles written, submit them to ezinearticles and once published then submit them to as many other people as possible over a period of time.

Then when the first Panda was released everyone was saying article directories are dead bla bla which just wasn’t true.

So don’t be scared to give a try, granted its been like 18 months since I used that specific strategy.

It is ok, if i post spinned article on my site?

Your money site is your baby – treat it well :)

There are several rules on syndicating your own content which is best to follow:-

1) Wait for your article to be indexed by Google before syndicating your content.

2)change up the titles, use a spinning tool to make loads of titles only.

3)Place a link back to the original article on your money site with an attribution like original article found on this site etc(link)

syndicate to only a few high pr or low Alexa sites 10-20 max per article(Do not Spam).

Press Releases are good for giving your sites an initial bump in the search engines esp for relatively new sites, the issue with pr’s are that they are not good for the long term, as they get archived like bookmarks and your links will eventually end up buried somewhere they loose power, thats why link diversity from different platforms is key to getting good rankings today.

Hi,

I have actually never tried syndicating my own content that is published on my site.

But I don’t see why you couldn’t do that as well as do some other things to repurpose it like create PDFs, documents, audio clips etc and use that to leverage more links

SGabriel
    Participant

That means yes? But i will also add unique content to it, combined with spinned content.

rjsmid
    Participant

Hi Matthew,

I have a question about the link video’s and especially the article writing with some good pictures and video’s from youtube you spin also within the article. I understand the need of it to make things more natural but i also think your helping the competition with your campaigns because these resources will automaticly be indexed within the your campaigns. So maybe it’s better to add an attribute like rel=”nofollow” on this kind of resources? I had the same problem with a affiliate webshop where i used all of the images from the primairy affiliate website.

p.s: Excuse for my English :)

Regards,

Robert-Jan

Hi,

Apart from adding all of that to the images/links/videos would remove any element of it being natural and it would become a blatant manipulation to boost only your link profile.

If your going to add nofollow onto things, don’t add them in the first place.

Dwight
    Participant

Matthew Woodward wrote:

Hi, I have actually never tried syndicating my own content that is published on my site. But I don’t see why you couldn’t do that as well as do some other things to repurpose it like create PDFs, documents, audio clips etc and use that to leverage more links

Marcela De Vivo over at  Search Engine  Journal wrote an article about repurposing content which I found to be useful.  It is here - http://www.searchenginejournal.com/feeding-the-content-machine-6-steps-to-repurpose-and-maximize-content-creation/61789/

Others here might find it useful.

Dwight

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share On Google+ Now!